(Recipe listed below) – Have also included the steps in case you wish to print out! 🙂
– P.S. – Please bare with me, I will try my best to get the next video much better production wise; and sorry for the hundreds of erms!
I’ve decided to start making these videos, in the hope to educate people about how simple veganism can be; as I’ve come across many people who seem interested and pulled to going vegan, but always seem to worry about what they’d be able to eat and what they could make.
Therefore I hope this can guide you in some way and be of assistance.
Yes it is definitely not the best quality production wise – which I am fully aware of AND yes this first vid is pretty delayed, as I had some further production hiccups as well. (Also I do not know why it decided to flip around on its side within the video intervals 🙁 but it only done that once I had actually processed the whole video & finished editing it. *Rolls eyes).
BUT I didn’t want to hold back on uploading it, as it did turn out pretty cute & yummy and I have felt very pulled to doing this since going vegan!
Please stay tuned for a mixture of content & videos.
Also if you do happen to have any questions at all for me in regard to anything. Feel free to send me a message as I’d be more than happy to help out the best I can!
Thank you so much for watching.
Please like, subscribe & share!
Love & Light,
Scrumptious Vegan Wellington
x 1 pckt Lind McCartney vegan sausages – (one box contains x 6)
x 1 pck chestnut mushrooms – use 7
x 1 pck puff pastry
x 1 clove garlic
x 1 pck chestnuts – use most of the pck, approx. 15 (cover the tray)
Seasoning of your choice, paprika etc… Salt & pepper
x 1 cup plant based milk of choice – (I used soy & would recommend almond or cashew for ultimate creaminess)
x 1 cup water
1. Cook whole pckt of vegan sausages in a preheated oven on 180 – 200c/gas mrk 4, for 10 mins until cooked through. Once done, leave to stand and cool down.
2. Preheat oven to 180 – 200c/gas mrk 4. Prepare chestnuts for roasting by making a small cut on each across the middle. Place on a tray/dish and put in oven for 30-40 mins, checking regularly and adjusting heat if needed. Leave in for longer if necessary. Once done, remove & leave to stand and chill.
3. Wash x 7 mushrooms (if small use a few more, ie. 10/12). Chop musshrooms finely.
4. Clean and chop finely x 1 clove of garlic, (if large or very large, use half/quater).
5. Once chesnuts have cooled, deshell and clean accordingly. Cut finely into small pieces.
6. To mix the dressing, add x 3 generous squirts of mustard of choice, x 1/2 tsp of paprika (or spice/seasoning of choice), x 1/2 tsp of salt, x 2 & 1/2 sprinkles of pepper (or 1/2 tsp), x 2 tsp olive oil, x 1 tsp brown sugar to caramelise and bind together.
7. For the paste – add chopped mushrooms, garlic & chestunts into blender/food processor. For creaminess, add x 1 small cup plant based milk & x 1 small cup water (judge by eye & adjust accordingly if needed). Blend until smooth.
8. Take a small pot and transfer the paste into it. Place on hob on low/medium heat and heat until thickens. Once done, leave to stand and cool right down.
9. Once paste has cooled, remove puff pastry from packaging and lay flat horizontally.
10. Spoon the paste onto the pastry and spread out evenly, leaving approx. an inch 1/2 gap from the edge of the pastry.
11. Place sausages on the right hand side of the pastry, in a line. Placing x 2 downward in a line & another row beside it in the same format and the other 2 on top of them.
12. Spread the dressing on to the sausages. Turn the pastry vertically and roll into a cylinder shape, pinching in the edges as you go along.
13. Make a pattern of small identations with a knife on the top of the pastry and brush over lightly with plant based milk.
14. Transfer onto tray and bake in oven at 180c/gas mrk 4, for 20-30 mins until golden.