How to make Vegetarian Gravy
2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 cup of onion, chopped
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
2 tbsp of light soy sauce
1 1/2 cups of vegetable broth
2 tsp of fresh sage
1/2 tsp of salt
1/4 tsp of ground black pepper
1. In a saucepan over medium-low heat, add extra virgin olive oil, minced garlic and chopped onion. Cook until the onion is translucent.
2. Next add flour and soy sauce to make a paste.
3. Gradually mix the broth into the paste, stirring constantly.
4. Now over medium heat, bring the gravy to a boil.
5. Season with sage and salt and pepper.