Today, we show you how to make some biscuits and gravy which is lower in salt! Breakfast of Champions!
Serves: 12-14 biscuits
3 cups all purpose flour
1 teaspoon sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
2/3 cup butter
1 cup milk
1. Using a whisk mix all dry ingredients together including the flour, sugar and baking powder.
2. Add the butter and incorporate well into the flour mixture using your hands.
3. Add milk and mix well.
4. On a floured work surface, turn the dough over and knead well.
5. Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough out to about 1/2″ thickness.
6. Using a biscuit cutter or drinking glass, flour it up and cut out the biscuits. Place onto a baking dish.
7. Preheat oven at 450F and bake for 8-10 minute or until gold brown on top.
8. Serve plain or with biscuit gravy.
Sausage Gravy Recipe
1 14oz package Lightlife Gimme Lean Ground Sausage Style
1/3 cup all purpose flour
3 cups milk
2 tablespoons of oil or butter
seasoning of your choice
1. Unwrap the ground sausage and break into bite-sized pieces into a large skillet.
2. Heat the butter or olive oil in the skillet with the sausage over medium-high heat and brown the sausage on all sides.
3. Reduce heat to medium and add the flour while stirring.
4. Then add the milk slowly continuing to stir.
5. Add seasonings of your choice and continue to stir to desired thickness.
6. Serve with biscuits and enjoy!
Eat and Enjoy!!