Vegetable Oats Pancake, low calorie nutritious pancakes for breakfast
!Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Vegetable-Oats-Pancake-38992r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Vegetable Oats Pancake ( Fibre-rich Breakfast)
Oats can be used to make more than just porridge! mix them with carrots and spinach to prepare these colourful, low calorie pancakes that are as nutritious as well as innovative. Oats are rich in the beta-glucan enzyme which helps to lower blood cholesterol and glucose levels, while carrots and spinach are an excellent source of vitamin A.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes. Cooking Time: 15 minutes. Makes 5 pancakes.
1 cup oats flour
½ cup grated carrot
½ cup finely chopped spinach (palak)
2 tbsp finely chopped coriander (dhania)
2 tsp finely chopped green chillies
Salt to taste
½ tsp fruit salt
1½ tsp oil for greasing and cooking
Dahiwali phudina ki chutney
1. Combine all the ingredients, except the fruit salt, along with 1 cup of water in a deep bowl and mix well to form a batter of dropping consistency.
2. Just before making the pancakes, sprinkle the fruit salt and 2 tsp of water over the batter.
3. When the bubbles form, mix gently.
4. Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it using ¼ tsp oil.
5. Pour a spoonful of the batter on it and spread in a circular motion to make 100 mm. (4″) thick round.
6. Cook, using ¼ tsp of oil, till it turns light brown in colour from both sides.
7. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 4 more pancakes.
Serve immediately with dahiwali phudina ki chutney.
Nutrient values per pancake
Energy : 75 calories
Protein : 2.3 gm
Carbohydrates : 10.3 gm
Fat : 2.7 gm
Fibre : 1.1 gm
Vitamin A : 642.3 mcg
Iron : 0.7 mg