Welcome back to another recipe video! In this one, I show you how to make a gluten-free & oil-free vegan quiche! The best part is that the crust is only one ingredient : potatoes! ⬇️ RECIPE BELOW ⬇️
– 4 cups grated potatoes (~ 5 medium)
– Your favorites veggies (I used one small head of broccoli, ~15 mushrooms, 2 tomatoes, 3 scallions).
– 300g soft silken tofu
– 1/4 cup chickpea flour
– 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
– 1 tsp herbs de provence (can sub for 1/4 tsp thyme, 1/4 tsp rosemary, 1/4 tsp basil, 1/8 tsp savory and 1/8 tsp of fennel)
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp of paprika
– dash of turmeric (for colour)
– salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven at 400F.
2. Grate the potatoes and transfer to a clean towel. Squeeze out excess moisture.
3. Press the potatoes into bottom and up sides of 9 inch pan. (I used a springform pan, but you could use a regular one and grease the bottom with oil or use parchement paper).
4. Bake the crust at 400F ~25 minutes. Once it’s done lower oven heat to 350F.
5. Sauté the vegetables in a tiny bit of water. If using tomatoes, add them 5 minutes later as they are softer.
6. For the filling, blend in a food processor the rest of the ingredients. Mix with sautéed vegetables.
7.Once the crust is done, spread the mixture into the crust. Bake at 350F for ~35 minutes or until firm and golden.
Don’t hesitate to leave any question below, I’ll get to you asap
🍎 Instagram : http://instagram.com/alypreville
🍎 Twitter : https://twitter.com/alypreville
🍎 Tumblr : http://alypreville.tumblr.com