Chickpeas are amazing! I love everything that can be done with them. One of these wonders is Meatloaf!
(Makes about 12 servings)
For the Meatloaf:
– 3.5 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 2 celery stalks, chopped
– 2 carrots, chopped
– 4 garlic cloves, minced and roasted
– 2 cups panko
– 1/2 cup plant based milk
– 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 1/4 cup A.1. sauce
– 2 tbsp oil
– 2 tbsp ground flaxseeds
– 2 tbsp tomato paste
– monosodium glutamate to taste
– salt to taste
For the glaze:
– 4 tbsp tomato paste
– 2 tbsp maple syrup
– 2 tbsp vinegar
– 1 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tsp paprika
– Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
– Blend all the ingredients for the Meatloaf in a food processor or a blender. Don’t overblend them.
– Place the mixture in a baking dish that has been lined with silicone paper.
– Bake for 30 minutes.
– While it’s baking, mix all the ingredients for the glaze.
– Take the meatloaf out of the oven and spread the glaze on it.
– Bake for 20 more minutes.
– Take it out of the oven and allow to cool.
– It will be easier to slice if made one day before and refrigerated overnight. You can heat it up in the microwave oven before serving.
– Serve hot.
Like Easy Vegan Eats on Facebook: www.facebook.com/EasyVeganEats
Support my work on Patreon: patreon.com/EasyVeganEats
Follow Easy Vegan Eats on Instagram! @easyvegan_eats
Why should I go vegan?: https://youtu.be/U5hGQDLprA8