Tofu scramble isn’t the only dish you can enjoy for breakfast. Try this Vegan Breakfast Quiche for something different in the morning. With a TVP maple sausage inside, it’s sure to hit the spot.
Get the recipe for Vegan Breakfast Quiche:
Vegan Breakfast Quiche
Source: http://chezcayenne.blogspot.com/2011/04/vegan-breakfast-sandwiches.html (adapted)
2, 14 ounce packages firm, water-pack tofu, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons mirin
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup nutritional yeast flakes
1 teaspoon each – baking powder, salt
1/2 teaspoon each – turmeric, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder
2 1/2 cups tvp breakfast sausage (1 recipe, below)
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Add the tofu to the food processor and mix until smooth.
3. Add everything except the sausage and continue mixing until well combined.
4. Transfer to a small bowl and stir in sausage.
5. Pour batter into an oiled 10 inch pie dish. Smooth the top.
6. Bake for 40 minutes or until firm and golden.
7. The quiche will puff up in the oven, then fall as it cools.
8. Let it cool for at least 15 minutes.
Vegan TVP Breakfast Sausage
Source: TVP Sausage (VegWeb), adapted
Yield: 2 1/2 cups TVP sausage
1 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tablespoon fennel seeds
1 teaspoon each – sage, onion powder
1/2 teaspoon each – thyme, salt
¼ teaspoon each – garlic powder, nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 cup textured vegetable protein
1. In a saucepan, add everything except the TVP.
2. Bring it to a boil and remove the pot from the heat.
3. Add the TVP, mix well, and let it stand for 10 minutes.
4. Fluff it with a fork.
Vegan Cooking with Love………………………………..
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/VeganCookingWithLove
Subscribe to get the latest videos: