This recipe is easy, packed with protein, and is damn delicious… They are perfect for morning breakfast… or lunch… or dinner lol.
These breakfast tacos are one of my favorite things to make because they are so versatile, you can add any veggies that you want (so they’re perfect if you’re trying to clean out your fridge:)!
I hope you enjoy this recipe!
Full recipe: http://www.becological.com/tofu-scramble-breakfast-tacos/.
My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/becological/
1 8oz pack of extra firm tofu, drained
3-4 corn tortillas
A splash of vegan unsweetened milk (I used flax)
1 bell pepper, chopped
1/2 yellow onion
5-6 portobello mushrooms
2 cups spinach or any greens
1 tsp turmeric (for color)
1 tbsp smoked paprika
2 tbsp garlic powder
2 tsp pepper
1 tsp salt
Squeeze of lime
Hot sauce of your choice
1. Add tofu to a pan on medium heat and mush it into pieces. (The tofu doesn’t need to be chopped into cubes before you add it to the pan, I was just using leftover tofu).
2. Prepare the veggies by chopping the bell pepper, mushrooms, and onions.
3. Add the turmeric, garlic powder, pepper, smoked paprika, and salt to the tofu. Add more paprika and garlic to taste.
4. Add the veggies in the same pan with a dash of unsweetened vegan milk, stirring frequently until onions are translucent and mushrooms are soft.
5. Add the spinach towards the end, cooking for about 5 minutes or until bright green. Once done, add tofu scramble to corn tortillas and top with avocado slices, fresh cilantro, and any hot sauce of your choice.
♪ Music ♪: Santeria (Album Version) – Sublime- On behalf of: Gasoline Alley