Learn how to make Spaghetti and Meatballs with Tomato Sauce at home with chef Shantanu.
Spaghetti with meatballs is an extremely delectable Italian-American dish that usually consists of spaghetti, tomato sauce and meatballs. Chef Shantanu Gupte brings you this easy and delicious meatballs pasta recipe, where the meatballs are simmered in an Italian tomato sauce.
150 – 200 grams beef/chicken/lamb mince
4 tbsp. bread crumbs
garlic – finely chopped
1 tbsp. mustard sauce
salt & pepper to taste
1 cup golden fried onion
1 red chilli – finely chopped
2 twigs of rosemary leaves – finely chopped
3-4 tbsp olive oil
1 dollop of butter
2 blanched tomatoes
2 garlic – finely chopped
1 red chilli
1 onion – finely chopped
To make meatballs:
– In a bowl, add the beef mince, egg, bread crumbs, finely chopped garlic, cracked pepper, mustard sauce, salt to taste, golden fried onions and finely chopped red chilli and mix the ingredients thoroughly.
– Add the chopped rosemary leaves to the above mixture and mix the ingredients well with your hands.
– Put the pan on a medium flame and rub little oil on your palms. Make small balls using the meat mixture.
– Add oil in the pan and a dollop of butter. Once it starts heating, add the meat balls to the pan.
– Roll the meat balls slightly. Cook the balls on a medium flame.
To make the sauce:
– Boil the tomatoes in hot water for 1 minute and then peel off their skin.
– Cut the tomatoes in small pieces.
– Heat olive oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic, red chilli, chopped onion, tomato pieces, canned chopped tomatoes and tomato puree/juice, mix them well and let them cook.
– Add salt and pepper to taste and water (if required) to the tomato sauce.
– Add the meatballs (75% cooked) in the tomato sauce for the rest of the cooking part.
– Add fresh basil leaves to the tomato sauce.
To make spaghetti:
– Heat olive oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic in it.
– Add the boiled spaghetti to the above ingredients and sprinkle little water over it.
– Add salt and pepper to taste along with green chopped parsley and give it a nice toss.
– Add the spaghetti right at the centre of the plate and place the meatballs with tomato sauce on the remaining two sides of the plate. Grate some cheese over the spaghetti with meatballs.
Host: Shantanu Gupte
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya
Editing: Pratik Jain
VFX – Shravan Shah
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurried?sub_confirmation=1
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GetCurried
Share on Facebook – http://goo.gl/ORYrqF
Tweet about this – http://goo.gl/fBK9k1