For full recipe Download our E-Book http://full.sc/1aixyfO
Hard copy Cook & Survive http://full.sc/1aw0wfx
T shirts http://bit.ly/1ploouo
Subscribe to The Vegan Zombie
Tweets by TheVeganZombie
The Vegan Zombie
Jon finds himself in a strange house with an awesome kitchen. Here he makes a delicious vegan shepherds pie.
Special thanks to Woodstock Farm Animal Sanctuary for letting us film in their guest house. Check out their site: http://www.WoodstockSanctuary.org
serves 3 or 4 / time 80 min
For potato topping
2 cups potatoes chopped
1 cup sweet potatoes chopped
1 Tbs vegan buttery spread i.e. Earth Balance Buttery Spread
1/4 tsp pepper in potatoes
1/2 tsp sea salt in potatoes
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1. Boil your potatoes in large pot for about 20 min.
2. Strain potatoes and add to mixing bowl. Add Earth Balance, sea salt, pepper and nutritional yeast. Mash them up and set aside.
1 Tbs olive oil
1/2 cup shallot chopped
1/2 cup celery chopped
1/2 cup carrots chopped
1 1/2 cups seitan chopped
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Tbs flour
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup veggie broth
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp thyme
1. Heat oil in pot at a medium heat. Add shallots and let sauté for about 5 min, stirring occasionally. Add celery, carrots and seitan. Let cook for about 5 mins.
2. Push contents of pot to one side and on empty side add your flour and olive oil and stir to form a roux. Then mix it all together and de-glaze with apple cider vinegar. Stir.
3. Add veggie broth to contents of pot and turn heat to high. Add garlic powder, salt, pepper and thyme and stir together. Cover and let cook for 10 min.
4. In a pie dish or an all stainless steel frying pan, add pie filling and spread out evenly. Then add your potato topping and spread out evenly. Make a couple slices in middle for air to escape.
5. Place pie in oven pre-heated to 350 degrees for 45 min.