For all those who consider a whole turkey might be too much this roasted turkey breast might be a wonderful solution. It is really easy to prepare, takes no more than 10 minutes to make the marinade, and once roasted you will have a wonderful looking roasted turkey, moist and flavorful.
Makes 6 to 8 servings
3 pounds turkey breast, boneless, skinless
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 tsp dried herbs (thyme, oregano, rosemary, bay leaves, your choice)
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (180C). Rinse the turkey well and pat it dry.
2. Place all the marinade ingredients, mustard, vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper, garlic, smoked paprika and olive oil, into a bowl and stir to combine.
3. Rub the mixture all over the turkey. Refrigerate to marinate overnight, if possible, or leave at least 1 hr before roasting.
4. Place the turkey breast into a baking pan, or baking sheet.
5. Roast for 45 minutes to one hour, until the thermometer reaches 170F (77C).
6. Let it stand for a couple of minutes and slice to serve.
7. Prepare the gravy if desired. After removing the turkey to a serving platter, place the pan to the stove on medium heat. Add the flour. Stir to combine. Add the stock, stir and let it cook until thickened and smooth.
For the full recipe check my blog: