Poha is a very popular Maharashtrian breakfast recipe which is quick and very easy to make. Made from flattened rice, it is a nutritious snack which can be eaten as breakfast.
2 cup Poha (flattened rice)
1 Potato chopped
1 Tomato chopped
1 Onion finely chopped
1/2 Tsp Urad dal
2 Tbsp Oil
1-2 Tsp groundnuts
2 Green chillies chopped
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
Salt to taste
2 Tsp sugar (optional)
1/2 Tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 Tsp Red chilli powder
2 tbsp Milk
– Thoroughly wash poha with water. soaked poha well.
– Heat the pan and add 2 tbsp. oil.Add the groundnuts and make them brown then keep it aside.
– Now, add mustard seeds. Once they splatter, add the urad dal, curry leaves, green chillies,ginger,hing and onions. Stir them well.
– Add the potato, salt stir well and cover the pan.
– While the potatoes are simmering,add tomato , add turmeric, red chilli powder, sugar (optional) and salt and mix them well.
– After that add poha,mix them well.when they are nicely cooked, add in the coriander leaves. Squeeze in the lemon juice taken out of about half a lemon.
– Just before serving or while re-heating the poha, add 1-2 tablespoons of milk,. as because poha will remain same and let the poha simmer. Mix the poha well.
-serve with corriander leaves.
My previous channel
MEETA CHEELA – https://youtu.be/bCrvKjYxl8Q
BESAN CHEELA – https://youtu.be/X8iSOufxNnQ
MYSORE DOSA – https://youtu.be/xZdwX2Xnhp8
COCONUT CHUTNEY – https://youtu.be/tX3Sc9XO-_w
HOT RED CHILLI COCONUT CHUTNEY – https://youtu.be/ZWzhQ2DcLC4