Learn how to make Peach & Plum Crumble, an easy and quick breakfast or dessert recipe for your kid only on Rajshri Food!
Fruits are always the best option to treat your children with. And when fruits are transformed in to a delicious dessert then there is no stopping! Enjoy learning this breakfast cum dessert recipe that is healthy and tasty exactly apt for your little one.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
You can practically use any fruits in season and vary the flours used to make this crumble. If you don’t have buckwheat flour, you can use amaranth flour or even plain flour.
400 gm (4 to 5 medium sized) peaches
200 gm (6 medium sized) plums
55 gm (1/4 )cup light brown or demerara sugar
50 gm (1/4 cup) salted butter*
30 gm (1/4 cup) quick cooking rolled oats
30 gm (1/4 cup) buckwheat flour
30 gm (1/4 cup) plain flour or whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp dry ginger powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder
70 gm (1/3 cup) light brown or demerara sugar
15 gm (12 nos) almonds, roughly chopped
– Lightly grease 4 ramekin bowls or a medium sized shallow baking dish with butter.
– Clean and stone the Peaches and Plums and cut them into bite sized pieces. Mix in the sugar and leave aside for 10 minutes to half an hour. This will allow the fruits to develop more flavor.
Prepare the crumble topping:
– Cut the butter into tiny pieces.
– In a large bowl assemble all the dry ingredients, the rolled oats, buckwheat flour, flour, baking powder, ginger powder, cinnamon powder and sugar and stir well with a spoon until the ingredients are well mixed. With a pastry blender or with your hands cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles corse bread crumbs. Chill this mixture in the freezer for about 5 to 10 minutes.
Assemble the crumble:
– Place the fruit into the individual ramekins or the shallow tin until they are 3/4th full. Put the crumble topping evenly over the fruit, sprinkle with the almonds and bake in a preheated oven at 190 degree Celsius or 375 degrees F for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the juices from the fruit ooze out of the crumble topping.
– Serve warm as it is or with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Narayan Thakur
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share this video on Facebook – https://goo.gl/6an0IH
Tweet about it – https://goo.gl/eEJ1yg
Share it on Google+ – https://goo.gl/9aJuMQ
Get this recipe on Anushruti’s website – http://goo.gl/s8kfup
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood