Let’s cook with Deb an internationally renowned dish, loved by adults and kids: pasta with ham, peas and cream!
I’m sure that everyone will love today’s recipe, since it’s a rich first course, tasty and easy to make: pasta with ham, peas and cream. Let’s see how to do! We’ll need:
• 14 oz (400 g) of short pasta
• just over 1 cup (150 g) of frozen peas
• 4,2 oz (120 g) of ham
• just under ½ cup (100 ml) of heavy cream • 1 pinch of nutmeg / pepper to taste / salt
• 1/3 stick (40 g) of butter
• 2 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a pan, then add the peas. Stir well, add a bit of hot water, cover with a lid and cook on a low flame.
Melt the butter in a non-stick pan, add the diced ham and let it brown. Then add the cream, the ground pepper, the nutmeg, finally the peas and salt to taste.
Boil the pasta and drain al dente, then toss in the pan with the sauce.
Here’s our pasta with ham, peas and cream… good, easy and quick!