This slow cooked Pappardelle Pasta with Wild Boar Ragu will literally melt in your mouth. A family tradition, we enjoy the tender wild boar each and every year at my Great Grandparents old house in the mountain. If your local butcher is lucky enough to be able to supply you with this, you MUST buy some and enjoy a flavour you will undoubtedly never forget.
Short Video description
Share it with your best friends on FACEBOOK
Get the recipe: http://bit.ly/wildboarpappardellerecipe
Check out my website for full #recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
Traditional Pasta Recipe with Wild Boar Ragu
Wild board meat (diced)
3-4 branches of celery (with the leaves)
2 x carrots
Salt & pepper
Homemade tomato sauce (2 x bottles of Passata)
Extra virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
5L of water
Large deep pot
1 x sieve
1. Mix the wild boar with red wine, bay leaves, pepper, oregano, carrot and onion and leave to marinate.
2. Heat up a generous amount of EVOO in a saucepan and add the boar in carefully, stirring it through.
3. After around 10 minutes add some roughly chopped pieces of carrot, celery and onion.
4. 2 minutes later, add the white wine and let it simmer.
5. Once the vegetables are tender and the wine starts to evaporate, add 2 x 750ml bottles of Passata and mix through.
6. Add a few branches of celery leaves and sprinkle a fair amount of salt though. Mix once again.
7. Turn the heat down to a very low heat and let the sauce simmer for 3.5-4 hours, stirring it every now and then.
8. Once this is cooked, boil up to 5L of water in a large pot and drop in the fresh pappardelle pasta.
9. Let it cook for 4-5 minutes and then strain it.
10. Have an extra saucepan on low heat with a spoonful of the sauce lining the bottom. Add the strained pappardelle pasta on top and mix the sauce through.
HOW TO SERVE
1. Serve it nice and hot….along with a few layers of pecorino or parmesan cheese…as much as you like of course
!E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate
Subscribe to my #YouTube channel! http://bit.ly/SubscribetoVP
Follow me on:
Instagram @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution” http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
Music: Courtesy of Audio Network http://audionetwork.com
Keywords: Vincenzosplate, Vincenzos Plate, Chef Vincenzo, Italian food, recipes,Italian food recipes, Italy, Italian, Pasta, Italian recipes, Pizza recipe, Italian cuisine, how to cook, cooking show, cooking, delicious, modern, Italian food recipes, pasta recipes
Watch the video recipe: https://youtu.be/0nPKzOHUIXw