This is the dish I created for Jamie Oliver and Uncle Ben’s Search for a Food Tube Star. Baby Octopus and Rice is a favourite recipe of mine and I hope it will be one of yours too!
Share this video on FACEBOOK: http://bit.ly/octopusandrice
Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://bit.ly/vincenzosplate
Subscribe to my YouTube channel! http://bit.ly/youtubeVP
Follow me on:
Instagram @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPinstagram
Tweet me! @vincenzosplate http://bit.ly/VPTwitter
Also join this Incredible Google+ community:
“Italian Style Food Revolution” http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
BABY OCTOPUS AND RICE RECIPE
500gr Baby Octopus
1 mug of arborio rice
100gr frozen peas
dry mixed herbs
1/2 carrot (peeled)
1 clove of garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
a little bit of white wine
1x small wok
– Place the wok on the stove @medium heat
– Add rice and stir for 5 minutes(so the rice starts to get toasty)
– Fill mug with water, add it to the rice then stir until the water absorbe
– While the rice is cooking put your saucepan on another section of the stove on a low heat
– Add 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and finely chopped garlic. This will need about 2 minutes
– Chop up Ingredients!
Start with baby octopus bu cutting the head and the slicing it in half
– Add this to the saucepan and stir for a minute or so
Don’t forget the Rice! Once the water has absorbed, add another glass
– Now add colour!
Peel the carrot , cut it in 1/2 and make small cubes
– Add the carrot to the octopus and then add 1/2 cup of wine (make sure you drink a little bit of wine)
The smell is divine!
– Place the stock cube into a bowl and add 2x mugs of boiling water and stir until the cube melts
– The second mug of water should have absorbed into the rice by now so it’s time to add the stock. This also needs to cook until absorb
– Now back to the seafood! 5 minutes after you have added the wine, squeeze some lemon juice through the mixture.
– Onto the tomatoes!
Cut a small circle out of the top pf the tomato and smell the freshness!
– Cut in half , slice and then cut them into small pieces, then add them to the mix
– Chop up some fresh parsley and add it also
– Then add your pees, sprinkle rock salt and some mixed herbs
– Stir the mixture really well and turn up the heat slightly
– Once the rice is ready add it to the mixture and stir for about 2 minutes
– Then take the saucepan from the serve and let it rest for about 30seconds
Make sure you have a nice glass of white wine ready
“E ora si mangia” – And now it’s time to eat
From the bottom of my heart I would like to thank this amazing team of creative professionals. They have been a part of this project from the beginning and have always supported Vincenzo’s Plate and the journey to bring the Taste of Italy into homes all around the world.
Production company: Fame Park Studios
Editor: Bill Way
Brand Manager: Suzanne Prosperi
Animation: Daniele Pignoli
Photographer: Bill Way
Web Designer: Stephanie Nasca
Music “Oktogon” and “Platos178 ok” are composed and performed by Walter Gaeta
Maria and Frank Calla
Mireille Salloum – Street fresh digital media
Keywords: Vincenzosplate, Vincenzos Plate, Chef Vincenzo, Italian food, recipes, Food, Sydney, Australia, Italy, Italian, Pasta, Italian recipes
#octopus #babyoctopus #risotto #vincenzosplate #risottorecipes #easycooking #easyrecipes #howtomakerisotto #jamieoliver #foodtube
Watch the video recipe: http://youtu.be/WO_gQBCVnzw