Oats Pancake is a very healthy recipe and can be prepared easily at home for breakfast or evening snacks for kids. This healthy pancake recipe is a good combination of the healthy and tasty recipe.
200gms kellogs Oats
1/3 cup Semolina/ suji
½ cup yogurt/curd
1 ½ cup of Chopped Spinach
¾ cup freshly chopped coriander leaves
1 medium sized Grated carrot
½ inch piece of grated ginger
2 pieces of chopped green chilly
Salt to taste
1 tbsp chopped Capsicum
¼ tsp cumin seed
¾ tsp red chilly powder
Oil for cooking
How to make Oats Pancake:
1. Take a grinder and grind the oats into the fine powder. You can use any kind of oats. I have used kellogs oats.
2. Take out the oats flour in a mixing bowl and put semolina, yogurt. Mix it well by putting little water and make a thick, smooth batter.
3. Combine all the veggies and spices-Chopped spinach, grated carrot, chopped coriander leaves, chopped capsicum, grated ginger, chopped green chilly, salt, cumin seed, red chilly powder. Mix it well and make a smooth batter by adding water. (Do not put green chilly while making for kids).
4. Batter should be in pouring consistency. It should neither be very thick nor runny so add water accordingly. Cover it and set aside for 10 minutes.
5. After 10 minutes uncovered it and if the batter has become little thick so add water and bring it to the desired consistency.
6. Heat a non stick pan on medium heat and grease the pan with little oil.
7. When the tawa is hot enough take a spoonful of batter and spread in circular motion to make pancakes. Size of the pancakes depends upon the batter you have taken to spread.
8. Drizzle little oil all around the edges and on top of the pancake.
9. Spread few chopped coriander leaves and grated carrot on top and slightly press it with the spatula so that it gets stick to the pancakes.
10. After 2-3 minutes flip it over, drizzle some oil and cook from another side.
11. Cook Veg Oats pancake from both the sides on medium flame till it turns golden brown and crisp.
12. Repeat the same process with the remaining batter. In the same way you can make 2 small pancakes.
13. Serve Veg Oats pancakes with coriander chutney, mint chutney, or any chutney or sauce of your choice.