Hello!! So, I know avocado in a dessert sounds weird, but trust me on this one! It’s rich, decadent and delicious! It’s also nut-free and oil-free!
⬇️ RECIPE BELOW ⬇️
– 2 cups oats
– 1/2 cup buckwheat groats (can sub for more oats, but I highly recommend using the groats as it gives a nice crunchy texture)
– 1 packed cup /or around 200g fresh dates (if using dried dates, soak in water at least 20 minutes)
– 2 avocados*
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– 1/4 cup carob (can sub for cacao, but taste might differ)
– 1/4 tsp instant coffee
*A viewer sucessfully substituted the avocados with one banana but I never tried it myself
1. To make the crust, add to a food processor the oats, buckwheat groats and the dates. Blend. It should be crumbly, but still sticky. Add more dates if needed.
2. Press the crust into tart/quiche/pie pan. (I used one with a removable bottom.)
2. To make the chocolate filling, add to a food processor, the avocados, the maple syrup, the carob and the instant coffee. Process until smooth and creamy. Add more maple syrup if you want it sweeter. You might need to add a splash of plant-based milk to help blending.
3. Spread filling evenly into the crust..
4. Chill in the fridge for two hours or in the freezer for 30 minutes.
🍎 Instagram : http://instagram.com/alypreville
🍎 Twitter : https://twitter.com/alypreville
🍎 Tumblr : http://alypreville.tumblr.com