Kale Chane (Black Chickpeas) Curry is easy to make. It is Protein Rich, Full of fiber, Tasty and Vegan. I make a big batch and store the left overs in fridge ( freezer) and this curry is lovely with parantha or rice.
For more tasty recipes, tips and product reviews please
Our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EatEastIndian
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/EatEastIndian
2 cups of uncooked chickpeas soaked in water overnight
1 large onion
2-3 tbsp oil
2 Tsp cumin
small piece of ginger
3-4 cloves of garlic
3 tomatoes pureed
Salt per taste
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala or 1 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp mango powder/Amchur
Cilantro for garnish and some to add in the cooker.
– 2 tsp crushed fenugreek leaves ( dried fenugreek leaves)
– Heat oil in the pressure cooker. Add cumin.
– Mix well. Add onions paste ( ground onions/ginger/garlic).
– Add salt, turmeric and red chilli powder. Let onions cook and turn brown.
– Blend 3 tomatoes with 1/2 cup water to make tomato puree too. Add in the cooker along with fenugreek leaves and cook for 3-4 mins.
– Add chick peas ( soaked in water overnight)
– Add garam masala/curry powder and amchur. Add water as per requirement. . Add some cilantro leaves. Cover and cook for 3-4 whistles. Once it has cooled down then open the pressure cooker..Garnish with cilantro and serve.