Subscribe for more videos ►► http://bit.ly/breann-subscribe
Vegan Chicken Pot Pie Recipe
Every vegan (or non-vegan) needs a delicious chicken pot pie recipe in their wheelhouse. It’s a staple in my diet and I hope it finds a place in yours.
– 1/2 cup almond milk
– Gardein Teriyaki Chicken Strips (minus the teriyaki and thawed)
– 2/3 cup Earth Balance butter (crust) + 1/3 cup (filling)
– 2 cups flour (crust) + 1/3 cup (filling)
– 2 cups water (filling) + 5 Tbsp. (crust)
– 1/3 cup onion
– 2/3 cup celery
– 2/3 cup frozen peas (thawed)
– 1 cup frozen carrots (thawed)
– 1 vegetable bouillon cube
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
– Melt 2/3 cups butter in microwave (at low heat).
– Combine 2 cups flour and melted butter in large mixing bowl. Mix well. Then, and 5 Tbsp. water and mix. Set aside.
– In cooking pot, bring 2 cups of water to boil and add vegetable bouillon cube. When bouillon is fully dissolved, turn off heat.
– Chop onion and celery.
– Place 1/3 cup butter in separate saute dish. Add chopped onion and celery to melted butter. Saute until onions look fairly transparent.
– Add the vegetable stock (water + bouillon), almond milk, and 1/3 cup flour to to celery/onion/butter mixture.
– Mix until the liquid becomes thick and smooth (similar to gravy).
– Cut chicken strips to desired size.
– Add carrots, peas, and Gardein (or similar brand) chicken to mixture. Stir.
Adding Dough/Filling to Pie Pan:
– Flatten dough on greased cookie sheet using a greased rolling pin.
– Lay flattened dough in pie pan and smooth edges.
– Pour filling into pan.
– Flatten remaining dough (using above method) and place on top of filling.
– Press dough together around the edges with fork.
– Cut 6 slits in top of pie dough to allow ventilation.
– Bake for 20 minutes uncovered.
– Remove from oven and cover loosely (for ventilation) with tin foil. Return to oven for 10 more minutes.
– Remove from oven and let cool for about 30 minutes before serving.
If you found this recipe helpful, please share 🙂
CONNECT WITH ME
– Website – http://www.breannjohnson.org
– Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/beaniejohnson/
– Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/actressbreann
– Twitter – https://twitter.com/Breann_Johnson
– Make It Vegan – http://www.makeitvegan.com
TOOLS I USE FREQUENTLY
VEGAN SUGAR OPTIONS
In The Raw (~$2.74/lb.)
Trader Joe’s (~$6.00/lb.)
Brown Sugar (~4.00/lb.)
Powdered Sugar (~2.76/lb.)