Boss babe Cat Cora is making us healthy waffles at http://ToneItUp.com/?p=252625!
We’re so honored to have Cat in the Tone It Up kitchen! She’s the first female Iron Chef and the first woman to be inducted into the Culinary Hall of Fame…talk about serious female power! We’re chatting all about how she chased her culinary dreams, her fave workouts, and her advice for moms with picky eaters (she has six boys!).
And check out her super simple and healthy waffle recipe! It will be your new family favorite!
Spinach and Quinoa Waffles with Summer Berries
Makes 12 waffles
1 cup packed fresh organic spinach
½ cup unsweetened almond milk
½ ripe banana, mashed
¼ cup egg whites
2 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/4 cup almond flour
1/2 cup quinoa flour
¼ cup vanilla Tone It Up Protein
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. ground cinnamon
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
Fresh berries, sliced toasted almonds, granola, honey and/or maple syrup for serving
Coconut oil cooking spray
1. Grease waffle iron with cooking spray and preheat to medium-high heat.
2. In a blender, combine the spinach, almond milk, banana, egg whites, and coconut oil and blend together until completely smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together all the dry ingredients until completely incorporated.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined and there are no lumps.
5. In the waffle iron, cook the waffles until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Remove from waffle iron and serve immediately drizzled with syrup or honey, and berries, almonds, and/or
granola on top. Enjoy!!
♥ Connect with Us! We love hearing from our #TIUgirls! ♥
♥ Tone It Up on INSTAGRAM: http://instagram.com/toneitup
♥ Create YOUR profile! http://ToneItUp.com
♥ Find Tone It Up on FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/ToneItUp
♥ Tweet us https://twitter.com/toneitup
♥ PIN TIU: http://www.pinterest.com/toneitup