A simple and tasty recipe for a quick, delicious and healthy breakfast or evening snack, this Besan Chilla can be ready in minutes and with little to no effort
Make sure you subscribe and never miss a video ► https://goo.gl/KerddS
Subscribe so you NEVER miss a video: https://goo.gl/XBIHgL
Yields: 6 pieces | Preparation Time: 15 minutes approx | Cooking Time: 20 minutes approx
– Besan Flour / Chickpea Flour / बेसन – 2 Cups
– Oil / तेल – 3-4 Tbsp
– Water / पानी – 2-3 Cups
– Salt / नमक – ½ Tsp
– Fenugreek Leaves / Kasuri Methi / कसूरी मेथी – 1 Tbsp
– Asafoetida / हींग – ¼ tsp
– Red Chilli Flakes / कूटी भुनी लाल मिर्च – ¾ Tsp
– Cilantro Leaves / हरा धनिया – 1 handful
– Onion / प्याज – 1 finely chopped
– Tomatoes / टमाटर – 1 small, de-seeded and chopped
Making Of The Batter:
– Using a sifter, sift the chickpea flour and the salt together into a bowl. Sifting helps remove the lumps and helps smoothen the flour.
– Then add in the Asafoetida, Red Chilli Flakes, Fenugreek Leaves and Cilantro Leaves into the bowl.
– Start whisking the mixture to mix all the ingredients together.
– Add ⅓ of the water to the mixture.
– Continue whisking the mixture to eliminate all the lumps. Add more water if required. If your batter is too runny, add in some more chickpea flour to thicken it.
– In case you need to add in more flour and water, taste and adjust the mixture. Add in more salt if required. And if you like your food spicier, you may add in some more red chilli flakes.
– Then add in the chopped onions and tomatoes. Whisk the mixture well.
Making Of The Chilla:
– Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, pour the mixture onto the pan. Cook the chilla until it is light brown and crispy, flipping it halfway on medium heat. If you cook it on high heat the outside will cook quickly leaving the inside raw.
– Ensure that you do not overcook the chilla as it becomes hard and rubbery.
– Serve the chilla immediately with your favourite green chutney or some ketchup as it becomes dry once cooled.
Write in with your own suggestions, for Indian Cuisine in the comments down below. And if you have delicious indian recipes you would like to see us cook please do share it with us. Let’s make 2017 proper tasty 🙂
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlamrsFood/
Tweet us your favourite videos on: http://www.twitter.com/beglamrs
Connect with us on Instagram: http://instagram.com/BeGlamrs
Connect with us on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/beglamrs