Grab our easy quickset starter recipe here: https://kentrollins.com/?p=405
Cowboy Hash knife: https://kentrollins.com/shop-1/
Fiesta Breakfast Pizza with Sourdough Crust
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
salt and black pepper, to taste
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chiles
3 cups Sourdough Starter (link above)
1⁄4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons garlic salt
½ – 2 teaspoons baking powder
2 to 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup ranch dressing or to taste
1/3 cup refried beans, or to taste
1 – 2 cups shredded cheese
– In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and green chiles. Set aside.
– In a large bowl, whisk together the sourdough starter, olive oil, sugar, garlic salt, and your desired about of baking powder, depending on how thick you like your crust.
– Slowly stir in enough flour to form a soft dough, adjust amount as needed. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface. Lightly work the dough with the flour until all the stickiness is gone.
– Roll the dough out to desired thickness. Place in a greased Dutch oven or baking surface. Be sure to create a slight lip around the edge to hold in the toppings.
– Spread an even layer of the ranch followed by the beans on the crust. Warm the beans slightly for easier spreading.
-Pour the egg mixture on top. Top with cheese. Bake with coals or in the oven at 375 degree for about 20 – 30 minutes or until crust is browned on the bottom and eggs are cooked through.
Tip: feel free to adjust the ingredient amounts to suit the size of your pizza. We made a 12” crust with this recipe.
Check out our BEST SELLING cookbook, A Taste of Cowboy. Get your signed copy here: http://www.kentrollins.com/shop-1
Also available at bookstores nationwide, and Amazon http://amzn.to/2uBl4EM
Get our FREE guide to smoothing cast iron HERE: http://eepurl.com/ckJhmP
Want more recipes and tips? Sign up for our emails:
Connect with us!
Cowboy Cooking, Cast Iron, Outdoor Cooking, Grilling, Dutch Oven Cooking