Learn how to make easy homemade but Restaurant style matar paneer dish that is popular across entire India. This Indian cottage cheese with green peas can be enjoyed with rice or naan.
For more tasty recipes, please
Our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EatEastIndian
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/EatEastIndian
Our Blog: http://eateastindian.com/
1 kg Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese) -Easily available in large chain grocery stores or Indian ethnic grocers
2 cup green peas
4-5 tbsp Oil
1 tsp Cumin seeds
1 cinnamon stick
2 large onions ( to make onion paste)
Salt per taste
1 tsp Turmeric
4-5 cloves of garlic
Piece of ginger
(You can use ginger-garlic paste instead too)
1 tsp Garam masala
1 tsp paprika ( or red chilli powder)
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves (Kasoori methi)
1 tsp curry powder
Handful of Cilantro leaves
1 bay leaf
1 tbsp tomato paste
– Fry paneer cubes until golden brown and set aside. You can deep fry or pan fry paneer.
1. Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin, cinnamon, cloves and bay leaf.
2. Quickly stir.
2. Add onions paste.
3. Add salt, paprika and turmeric.
4. Fry for 5-6 mins until raw flavour of ginger-garlic goes away and onions start changing color, start becoming golden brown.
5. Add tomatoe puree . Cook until no longer raw. Add tomato paste. Add Green peas. Cook for 2-3 more mins.
6. Add curry powder and quick for few more mins. Slowly add water as desired. Bring water to boil and let the curry simmer.
7. Add garam masala, Kasoori methi (dried fenugreek leaves) and cilantro leaves.
8. Mix in paneer. Cook for 2-3 mins and
Serve hot with Roti (Chapati)