Who does not crave for a nutritious and delectable dish at the breakfast table? Chef Ruchi Bharani brings you an amazing breakfast dish called corn upma. Corn adds that refreshing twist to upma. It also contains the goodness of buttermilk in it.
1 & 1/2 half cup crushed corn
1/2 cup poha
1/2 tsp ginger chilli paste
1 cup buttermilk
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 cup water
salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tbsp udad dal
1/4 tsp asafoetida
1/2 cup grated coconut
– Dry roast the thick poha / rice flakes in a pan for few seconds. make sure that the colour does not change. Remove them in a plate and cool them down.
– Clean the pan and then heat the ghee / oil in it.
– Add the mustard seeds and white lentils (udad dal)
– Once the white lentils turn brown in colour, add the curry leaves, asafoetida and finely chopped onion and saute them. Cook the onions for about 1-2 minutes.
– Add the coarsely ground corn to the above ingredients and saute them for about 2-3 minutes.
– Add the ginger chilli paste and mix well.
– Add the roasted poha to the above ingredients and mix everything well.
– Add the buttermilk, water, turmeric powder and salt to the upma and let it cook till the water dries out.
– Add the lime juice.
– Once the water dries out, add the grated coconut and coriander leaves and mix well.
– The delicious corn upma is ready to be served.
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya
Editing: Ravi Varma
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe & Stay Tuned – http://www.youtube.com/user/rajshrifood?sub_confirmation=1
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood