Hope you guys had a great holiday season. Lets make 2016 even more amazing. If one of your goals in 2016 is to take your health in control then this is a great soup recipe to try because this mushroom soup is not only flavourful, nutritious, easy to make but also helps you in weight management, boosts your immune system and helps in absorption of Vitamin D 🙂
For more tasty recipes, tips and product reviews please
Our facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EatEastIndian
Follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/EatEastIndian
Ingredients/ Method (Serves 2-3 people)
250 Gms of Mushrooms
1 small onion
1 large tomatoes
1-2 tbsp of ginger-garlic paste ( or minced ginger/garlic paste)
2-3 tbsp of oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp cumin powder
4-5 Stalks of cilantro leaves
1. Wash and pat dry mushrooms and cut them in small pieces.
2. Chop up onions, tomatoes and mince ginger-garlic paste.
3. Heat oil in the cooker. Once oil is hot, add mustard seeds.
4. Give seeds 30 secs. Add onions, ginger-garlic paste. Mix well.
5. Add Salt, Red chilli pwd and Turmeric. Give everything 2-3 mins. When onions become golden brown, add tomatoes.
6. Let tomatoes cook for 3-4 mins. Add mushrooms and cumin powder. Saute mushrooms for 3-4 mins.
7. Add water and cilantro leaves.
8. Cover the pressure cooker with the lid and cook for 2 whistles. Turn the heat off and let cooker cool down. Once its cool, open the lid and serve soup with sandwich of your choice or enjoy on its own.