Welcome back to my channel!
Hope you all had a lovely thanksgiving, with December coming up I thought it was fitting to start on the Christmas recipes (I’m a crazy Christmas fan).
This is my gingerbread man recipe, it is super easy and fun to make. Hope you guys like this one =)
GINGERBREAD MAN RECIPE
80g unsalted butter
120g golden syrup
100g demerara sugar
225g plain flour
2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1. Melt butter, golden syrup and sugar in a pan until dissolved. Take it off the heat and set aside, leave to cool.
2. Sift together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a large bowl. Once the butter mixture has been cooled, add it into the bowl. Combine well, when it starts getting sticky, use your hands to form a dough. If it is too crumbly and dry, combine a knob of melted butter and 1 tbsp golden syrup and mix it in. Shape your dough into a ball.
3. You can cover the bowl with clingfilm or place it in a food bag and chill it the fridge for half an hour. If you find that the dough is quite crumbly, let it sit on the counter instead. Preheat the oven at 150C.
4. Time to roll out the dough, dust your work surface and rolling pin with some flour. Roll out the dough until it is 1/4 inch thick. Dust your cookie cutter with some flour to prevent the dough from sticking to it. Cookie cut away! Shape the excess dough back into a ball and repeat until no dough is left.
5. Place onto a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper or silicon mat, bake for 7 mins or until the edges are golden brown. Transfer onto a wire rack and let it cool.
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbsp butter, melted
2tbsp almond milk
1. Add icing sugar,vmelted butter, and 1 tbsp of almond milk into a bowl/jug and whisk together. Slowly add more almond milk to the mixture and keep whisking until you get a thick consistency. You don’t want it to be too runny. If it does get too runny, slowly add more icing sugar.
2. Transfer into a piping bag or small squeezy bottle. Once the gingerbread men have cooled down, decorate away! Serve and enjoy =)
Hope you’ve enjoyed this gingerbread man recipe.
Thanks for watching =)
Captured in Nikon D7200 // 35mm lens // iPhone 7 Plus
Edited in iMovie
Edited by Jennifer Quan