Easy Glittering Christmas Cookies
Difficulty: Super Easy
Time: 1.5 hr
Number of servings: 16-18 Cookies Using 2 Inch Cookie Cutters
1 cup cake flour or all purpose flour (100g=3.5oz.)
5 tbsp. powdered sugar (or 3 tbsp. regular sugar is ok but the texture will become sugary)
1/4 cup butter (50g=1.8oz.)
to decorate 9 cookies
* 1 red gel pen (strawberry flavor)
* 1 green gel pen (melon flavor)
* 1 yellow gel pen (lemon flavor)
* 2 white chocolate pens
1. Sift in all the dry ingredients in a large Ziploc bag. Add butter, make sure it is zipped, then mix well.
2. Roll out the dough in the Ziploc bag to 5mm (0.2 inch) thick. Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour to set and chill.
3. Preheat the oven to 170C (338F). Cut out the dough with cookie cutters. Place the cookies on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Roll out scraps, and repeat.
4. Bake at 170C (338F) for about 15 minutes. Cool the cookies on the sheet or a wire rack.
5. Melt the chocolate pen or some chocolate in a pastry bag. Snip off the end and trace the outline of the cookies. Then divide each into 6 sections. Put them in the fridge to set. Fill in each section with gel pens or jam of your choice.