My Champagne Sorbet is my elegant dinner party dessert, combining iced champagne and strawberries.
450g golden caster sugar
Zest and juice of 2 lemons
For the compote
600g mixed berries (raspberries, strawberries, blueberries)
3 tbsp golden icing sugar
1 vanilla pod
Juice of 1 lemon
For the garnish
Extra fresh berries
1. To make the sorbet, pour the champagne into a saucepan and add the caster sugar and the lemon zest and juice.
2. Gently heat the mixture until the sugar has dissolved then remove from the heat, pour into a bowl and leave to cool.
3. Once cool, pour into the ice cream machine and churn until you get a lovely sorbet. This will take about 45-50 minutes.
4. To make the compote, put the berries in a pan together with the icing sugar, the seeds of the vanilla pod and the juice of the lemon. Put the pan on the heat and bring to a gentle simmer until the berries have softened. Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
5. To serve, spoon a little sorbet at the bottom of a dessert glass followed by some berry compote. Top with more sorbet and garnish with some fresh berries on the top.
Eric Lanlard x