RICE WITH SPINACH
Servings: 2 (as a main course)
● Cooking oil to cover bottom of pan
● 200g (1 cup) rice
● 1 chopped onion
● 400 ml cold water
● Vegetable stock cube
● 200g (1 cup) frozen chopped spinach
1. Heat up the oil on medium heat.
2. Rinse the rice in a sieve and pour it out in the pan.
3. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes.
4. Add the chopped onion and stir again.
5. Cook for another 3-4 minutes.
6. Add pepper and salt.
7. Pour in the cold water.
8. Add the vegetable stock cube.
9. Add the spinach and place the lid on.
10. Bring it up to boil and then let it simmer.
11. Once the water is all soaked in, remove from the hot plate and let sit for another 5 minutes.
◦ You can use any type of rice you like, we used Basmati (it’s worth giving it a try)
◦ Using frozen chopped spinach is not necessary
◦ Adding lemon juice after the rice is served, makes it even more delicious
◦ You can use it as a side dish or as a main course
FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/cookingpal/