Banana Apple Porridge, a healthy duet of grains like broken wheat and oats with fruits like banana and apples.
Recipe Link : http://www.tarladalal.com/Banana-Apple-Porridge-4656r
Subscribe : http://goo.gl/omhUio
Tarla Dalal App: http://www.tarladalal.com/free-recipe-app.aspx
YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TarlaDalalsKitchen/featured
Google Plus: https://plus.google.com/107883620848727803776
Tarla Dalal Blogspot: http://tarladalal.blogspot.in/
Banana Apple Porridge
A healthy duet of grains like broken wheat and oats with fruits like banana and apples, this porridge is flavoursome and truly tempting. Sautéing the broken wheat and oats before cooking chases away the raw smell, while the cinnamon powder and fruits enhance the flavour and aroma further. The Banana and Apple Porridge is an ideal way to start a morning, as it not only gives a lot of energy but is also brimming with calcium, protein, fibre, etc.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes.
Cooking Time: 12 minutes.
1 cup sliced banana
½ cup apple cubes (unpeeled)
¼ cup broken wheat (dalia), washed and drained
¼ cup quick cooking rolled oats
2 cups low-fat milk, 99.7% fat-free
2 tsp low-fat butter
1 tbsp powdered sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
1. Heat the butter in a pressure cooker, add the broken wheat and sauté on a slow flame for 1 minute.
2. Add the oats and sauté on a slow flame for another 2 minutes.
3. Add the milk and 1 cup of water, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
4. Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
5. Add the sugar and cinnamon powder, mix well and cool slightly.
6. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
7. Just before serving, add the banana and apples and mix well.
Nutritive values per serving
Energy: 160 calories
Protein: 5.6 gm
Carbohydrates: 30.5 gm
Fat: 1.7 gm
Fibre: 1.5 gm
Calcium: 163.6 mg