1 tablespoon olive oil ( I used 2 tablespoons of water )
1 onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped,
1 leek, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (I used rice flour)
6 1/3 cups vegan stock (I used 3 1/2)
1 sweet potato, finely chopped
3 1/2 cups frozen corn kernels
salt and pepper, to taste
1) Heat the oil in a large saucepan over low heat.Gently saute the onion, carrot, leek, garlic and thyme for 5-8 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
2) Stir in the flour and cook for an additional minute, then pour in the stock and stir well.
3) Add the sweet potato to the pan, bring to a boil and then reduce the heat. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until the sweet potato is soft.
4) Stir in the corn kernels and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
5) Transfer 2 cups for the chowder to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and then return to the pan. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper. Reheat the soup, then serve immediately.
Vegan… Made Simple: http://www.amazon.in/Vegan-Cooking-Simple-Parragon-Books/dp/1472342402
Follow my daily instagram stories videos @MelissaAlexandria01
SUBSCRIBE to this channel for more videos.